1. Student Excellence
Increase the percent of students who meet or exceed proficiency targets on each state achievement test and on district proficiency grading systems.
- Continue improving on the AVID implementation rubric.
- Emphasize a growth mindset.
- Implement the High Impact Teaching and Learning Strategies (WICOR).
- Utilize strategies to achieve 90% attendance for all students including positive communication with parents and students.
- Have instructional teams meet on a regular basis to review students' scores from tests in order to assess each student's progress in reading, writing and math. Targeted and accelerated instruction is based on academic data.
- Provide tutoring and enrichment through after-school programs.
- Support student learning through summer school programs.
- Partner throughout the school year with students and parents to set and implement K-8 individual student learning and growth targets.
- Help 9-12 students partner throughout the school year with parents and counselors to build a 10-year plan that charts their journey through high school and post-secondary education or training into the workforce.
Increase the percent of high school graduates from one year to the next.
- Focus on 9th grade on-track to graduate at KUHS.
- Maintain 6-12 curriculum alignment.
- Improve in-building and cross-building student transitions.
- Provide multiple options for credit recovery.
- Decrease the percent of failures at all grades.
- Inspire student success through KCC, OIT and SOU Pathway programs.