AIM 1 - All Students Do Their Best Work
Goal #1: Shared Leadership—By June 2019, a majority of students, staff and parents will have opportunities to exercise leadership in each school as measured by teachers documenting at least three ways students exercised leadership during the school year in their classrooms; and principals documenting at least six total ways that students, staff and parents exercised leadership in their schools.
- Students will be given leadership roles in the classrooms, building and district.
- Students will give input on activities and events.
- Staff will be given leadership roles based on strengths and interests within buildings and across the district.
- Administrators will seek input when developing goals.
- Representative community members will be given building leadership roles.
- Representative community members will provide input when developing goals and initiatives.
Goal #2: Student Empowerment—On the end of the school year surveys, a majority of teachers, parents and students will indicate students have done their best work.
- Student goal-setting will occur K-12.
- Teachers will seek student input on the learning process and use this input to adjust instructional strategies.
- Principals will use student feedback to improve all aspects of the school.
- At the end of each quarter, as part of the goal-setting monitoring, each student will assess their work and effort and share this assessment with parents and guardians on report card.
Goal #3: Effective Multi-Tiered Instruction—By June 2019, all KFCS schools will earn a proficient score on a five-point scale as determined by building Professional Learning Communities using multiple data sources to evaluate the schools’ tiered supports.
- Tier I—Effective core instruction including WICOR strategies and K-12 AVID implementation improvement by meeting AVID certification standards.
- Tier II/III—Response to interventions
- Tier I-III
- Differentiation for all achievement levels
- Effective use of data
- Evidence-based curriculum
- Fidelity to core instruction
- Fidelity to intervention programs