Gerard Collins, Director of Federal Programs
1336 Avalon Street • Klamath Falls, OR 97603 • (541) 883-4744
Parent Committee 2019-2020
|Casey Erickson - Chairperson||Open - Vice Chairperson|
Alyssa Jerde - Secretary
Open - Treasurer/Fundraiser
Trevor Pyke - Teacher Representative
Open - Secondary Student Representative
Open- Klamath Tribes Representative
Title VI Indian Education
- The district is committed to the development of curriculum and to train teachers and Title VI staff to present academic and cultural skills education to Native American students and increase cultural awareness regarding the local Tribes. In addition, Title VI paraprofessionals will be trained to facilitate language arts and mathematics remediation for Native American students in their schools as well as be trained to teach relevant and accurate culture specific to the students' Tribal history.
- The Title VI Parent Committee meets regularly on the first Monday of each month in the cafeteria of Ponderosa Middle School Cafeteria, 2554 Main Street, Klamath Falls, OR. Meetings begin at 6:00 pmand usually end around 7:30 pm. All meetings are OPEN MEETINGS; please do come join us.
- 506 Form: 506 is used by Title VI Indian Education to determine student eligibility and certification
- Indian Education Assurance: Click Here or contact the number above for a hard copy.
- Click Here for Office of Indian Education, LEA, and Parent Committee Roles and Responsibilities.
- Click Here for KFCS Indian Education Parent Committee Bylaws
- Senate Bill 13: Tribal History/Shared History
Agendas and Minutes Click Here
Where: Online Zoom Meeting: Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation emailcontaining information about joining the meeting.
When: Tuesday, September 22, 2020
Time: 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.