Do you have questions or comments, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sandy Yazzie, Title VI Indian Education Program Coordinator
1336 Avalon Street • Klamath Falls, OR 97603 • (541) 883-4744
Parent Committee 2021-2022
|Sabrina Garcia - Chairperson||Jerry Levison-Hughes - Vice Chairperson|
Open - Secretary
Open - Treasurer/Fundraiser
Heather Wisener - Staff Representative
Chris Blackwater-Garcia - Secondary Student Representative
Sheea Scott - Klamath Tribes Representative
Title VI Indian Education
- The district is committed to the development of curriculum and to train teachers and Title VI staff to present academic and cultural skills education to Native American students and increase cultural awareness regarding the local Tribes. In addition, Title VI paraprofessionals will be trained to facilitate language arts and mathematics remediation for Native American students in their schools as well as be trained to teach relevant and accurate culture specific to the students' Tribal history.
- The Title VI Parent Committee meets regularly on the second Tuesday of each month in the media center of Klamath Union High School, 1300 Monclair Street, Klamath Falls, OR 97601. Meetings begin at 6:00 pm and usually end around 7:30 pm. All meetings are OPEN MEETINGS; please do come join us.
- 506 Form: 506 is used by Title VI Indian Education to determine student eligibility and certification
- Indian Education Assurance: Click Here or contact the number above for a hard copy.
- Click Here for Office of Indian Education, LEA, and Parent Committee Roles and Responsibilities.
- Click Here for KFCS Indian Education Parent Committee Bylaws
- Senate Bill 13: Tribal History/Shared History
Agendas and Minutes Click Here
WHEN: Tuesday, January 11, 2022 6:00 — 7:30 p.m.
WHERE: This meeting will be live in the KU Media Center. If you can't attend in person, please register in advance for this online Zoom meeting by Clicking Here
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about
joining the meeting.