Dena Haudenshild, Director of Early Learning
2450 Summers Lane • Klamath Falls, OR 97603 • (541) 883-4748
Operational Blueprint for School Reentry 2020/21: Click Here for ECI Blueprint
Under ODE’s Ready Schools, Safe Learners guidance, each school has been directed to submit a plan to the district in order to provide on-site and/or hybrid instruction. Districts must submit each school’s plan to the local school board and make the plans available to the public.
- Oregon Family to Family Health Information Center: The Oregon F2F HIC recommends the linked document for parent-driven family support and information programs. The following organizations are staffed during regular business hours, serve families in every part of the state, and can respond to Spanish speaking callers immediately or within a short period of time.
- Oregon Family to Family Health Information Center: Information sheet in both English and Spanish
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): From birth to 5 years, your child should reach milestones in how he/she plays, learns, speaks, acts and moves. CDC offers a variety of information on debelopmental milestones and tools for tracking your child's developmental progress.
- Procedural Safeguards: The 2017/18 ODE Procedural Safeguards Notices replace any previous versions, and are aligned with the requirements of IDEA 2004, federal and state regulations.
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC): Find research-based resources, tips and ideas for families - from child development to reading, writing, music, math and more!
- Vroom: Our children's first years are when they devellop the foundation for all future learning. Every time we connect with them, it's not just their eyes that light up, it's their brains too. Vroom turns shared moments into brain building moments. Whether it's mealtime, bathtime, or anytime in between, there are always ways to nurture our children's growing minds!
- Down Syndrome Association of Southern Oregon: The Down Syndrome Association of Southern Oregon is a 501 c 3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide the means necessary to empower individuals with Down syndrome to reach their full potential. DSASO provides support and resources for persons with Down syndrome and their families. Additionally, DSASO seeks to provide the broader community with information and education to increase awareness and foster positive attitudes regarding people with Down syndrome.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP): SNAP offers nutrition assistance to millions of eligible, low-income individuals and families and provides economic benefits to communities.
- The ABC's of Child Development: Children grow and develop at different rates. While their pathways through childhood differ, most pass a set of predictable milestones along the way. The information presented here offers a map that can help you follow your child's journey.
- Immunization Requirements for all EI ECSE Programs in Oregon
- Immunization Rates for all EI ECSE Programs in Oregon
- Do You Know Campaign: The "Do You Know Campaign" is a series of posters developed by the Jackson/Josephine County LICC program that identify simple facts for parents promoting a healthy learning environment for children ages birth to five.
- Do You Have Concerns About Your Child's Development: This brochure produced by ODE identifies the local Early Intervention and Early Childhood Special Education programs throughout Oregon including contact information.
- Do you want to learn more about your child's development?
- For children between the ages of birth and 5 years…
- Use the ASQ questionnaires to check your child's general development. The results help determine if a child's development is on schedule.
- Use the ASQ:SE questionnaire to check your child’s social emotional development. Results help identify appropriate social emotional competence in young children.
- What do I need to do?
- Review and accept the information on the parent consent form.
- Answer a few questions about your child and family
- Fill out the age appropriate ASQ and ASQ:SE questionnaires for your child
- What happens after I complete the questionnaire?
- Results will be sent to you by email at your request
- Fun play activities for you and your child are available for download
Click here for more information
Are you looking for the Preschool Programs, please click here!